Interesting article about how Realtors should adapt to the changing market.
This is your customer. Watch them closely.
Are you prepared to deal with them?
- Gen Y will comprise your largest share of homebuyers
- Gen Y first time buyers will reach 68% coming year (*).
- Gen Y will rely heavily on property searching based on commute time before they settle on their final nest
- Gen Y grew up with Internet and you need to reach out and market them using channels like texting, Facebook®, Twitter® etc. – media they like and not your choice
- If you are Capturing Likes and not incubating Gen Y leads with Facebook campaigns, you could lose them.
- If you have a lead from Twitter and you send them email drip campaigns, you can lose them. Use the channel they like and not yours
- Your Facebook Business Page should be vibrant with MLS property search, community portal apps built with results shown on native Facebook and not redirect them to your website. Don’t change the media they like
- Gen Ys are masters of multi-tasking. Your CRM should have built in chat room with concurrent phone texting, Google® hangouts to talk to multiple Gen Ys at same time and log all conversations
- If you are just marketing without context of property you are wasting their time. So get rid of pure contact tools.
- Gen Y is also the “Uber” generation – meaning your lead responsiveness as an agent or a team has to be in seconds and not minutes. If you don’t have the tools to do lead management in seconds ….they are gone!
- You need to differentiate and excel and not be invisible and blend
- Don’t fragment your leads in many databases. Unify them